[linux-audio-user] Software finaliser

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Software finaliser
From: Ade Rixon (ade.rixon_AT_big-bubbles.fluff.org)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 11:22:34 EET

Forgive me if this has come up before; I searched the archive & Google but
couldn't find anything beyond the briefest aside.

I once used a pro recording studio that ran the final stereo mix through a
finaliser/exciter device before burning to CD. I understand that this
device performs multiband compression/limiting to liven up the mix, and
that the most popular is the TC Electronics Finaliser.

Is anyone aware of a software-based equivalent or method of obtaining a
similar effect within Linux (or Windows, at a pinch)? I only need to
process WAV files prior to burning them (realtime not necessary).

Cheers,
Ade_
  /

--
|Ade Rixon|http://www.big-bubbles.home.dhs.org/|ade.rixon_AT_big-bubbles.fluff.org|
 "The definition of diplomacy is saying 'Nice doggie, nice doggie,' until