Re: [linux-audio-user] Software finaliser

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Software finaliser
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 12:29:51 EET

Ade Rixon hat gesagt: // Ade Rixon wrote:

> I once used a pro recording studio that ran the final stereo mix through a
> finaliser/exciter device before burning to CD. I understand that this
> device performs multiband compression/limiting to liven up the mix, and
> that the most popular is the TC Electronics Finaliser.
>
> Is anyone aware of a software-based equivalent or method of obtaining a
> similar effect within Linux (or Windows, at a pinch)? I only need to
> process WAV files prior to burning them (realtime not necessary).

ecasound has some effects (including compressor and limiter) built in
and also is able to run LADSPA plugins. I think, Steve Harris is working
on a good compressor. Check http://eca.cx and http://plugin.org.uk

You can run ecasound in realtime or offline. It's a tool, everyone should
know how to use anyway.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __