Re: [linux-audio-user] recording from casset tape

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording from casset tape
From: Bob Billson (reb_AT_bhive.dhs.org)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 06:13:12 EET

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 08:55:56PM -0600, author wrote:
> What do I use to record a song from casset tape

I have used gramofile successfully. You need to use your favorite mixer
software (xmix, rexima, aumix, etc.) to set the input and output levels.
gramofile is a console based program. It includes a simple VU-meter type
of indicator to assist in setting the levels.

The current version is 1.6. The source is available at
http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/. I know there is a Debian
(woody) package of it. I would imagine there is a .rpm available as well.
If not, Use The Source Luke. :)

              bob

--
 bob billson        email: reb_AT_bhive.dhs.org          ham: kc2wz    /)
                           reb_AT_elbnet.com             beekeeper  -8|||}