[linux-audio-user] video & graphics on music / MIDI

Subject: [linux-audio-user] video & graphics on music / MIDI
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:33:27 EET

Hi I've played with a few apps
on Mac where you could control
video / graphics playback with MIDI controllers.

Now I'm looking for such an app,
possibly where you can synchronize
certain features of the video (like playback rate),
to certain features of the audio (/MIDI)
(like eg. pitch).

Now I know this is rather specific,
and I would doubt an app this complex
already existed, but maybe you guys/grls
could offer some advice on what to use ?

Maybe it should be possible to create
a gstreamer plugin (or a plugin for another app)
to achieve this ?

The problem is perhaps that the there are
rather heavy requirements of synchronisation
and hence also lowlatency with this kind of stuff,
I don't know how eg. gstreamer performs in that respect.

thanks already
vini

PS: sorry for the crossposting,
but I thought people from -dev (who are not on -user, if there are such people :)
could offer their pro advice on this too.