Re: [linux-audio-user] sharing /dev/dsp between apps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sharing /dev/dsp between apps
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 12:43:12 EET

Guenther Sohler wrote:

> under kde i often have problems opening the audio device.
> Doing some trials always succeed - but just after some trials.
> There its independant whether i use /dev/dsp or /dev/audio.
> It seems that kde claims the sound device for itself sometime.
> does anybody have a clue ?
>
> rds guenther

check if you are running artsd. if yes, disable it (it will claim
the device) or - if you need artsd's functionality - start your
application in an artsd wrapper (never tried this myself, but there
is a script somewhere - my guess is it's an LD_PRELOAD hack).

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany