Re: [linux-audio-user] Muse and qt3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Muse and qt3
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 19:28:30 EET

Emiliano Grilli wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a question:
> It's said on the Muse website that for latest versions qt 3 is required.
> Is it possible to install these libraries whitout interferring with a
> working kde installation? Is an easy task or not?

it is possible to have multiple versions of qt installed. kde will
not be harmed.
since you are using suse: i used the latest qt rpm package they
provide (look in ftp.suse.com/pub/linux/.../supplementary, don't
know the exact path), and muse compiled fine with that one.
you will need the devel-rpms too.

> Do I need to uninstall old versions of qt? Or can they cohexist in the same
> system?

no, don't do that. older apps rely on the old qt.

good luck,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany