Re: [linux-audio-user] Creative Audixy

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Creative Audixy
From: Remco Poelstra (rjpoelstra_AT_home.nl)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 00:42:48 EET

On 2002.02.01 21:14 Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > Takashi (I think) just posted something to alsa-devel to the effect
> that
> > ALSA CVS now has a somewhat functional audigy driver.
>
> Hmmm, does anyone know about how the Audigy rates compared to the Live?
> Does it
> do sample-accurate digital transfers without forcing 48kHz? Does it
> support
> multiple analog inputs? Does it still do hardware mixing? How's the A/D
> converter? I'm reluctant to look at another Creative Labs sound card,
> but am
> kinda curious.

It uses the emu10k as dsp, whgich is 48kHz only, so applying 44.1kHz will
be resampled. And it will probably still do hw mixing because of the dsp
(and direct3d acceleration). I don't know about the A/D. will probably be
the same.. What's actually the advantage of that card over an Live?

Remco Poelstra