Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 00:27:01 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>jordan muscott hat gesagt: // jordan muscott wrote:
>
>>Just wondering, anyone got any suggestions for piping the midi output
>>from a sequencer like ttrk ( or shaketracker if i could actually get it
>>to build) to the input of SpiralSynth?
>>

>I don't know SpiralSynth, but supposed it can read from raw midi devices
>like /dev/midiXX, here's my Miditracker-to-PD HOWTO for configuring
>this under ALSA 0.9, which is in part a post to alsa-user from some time
>ago using PD as softsynth, updated to Shaketracker's specific needs,
>here we go:

Ok - thanks Frank that sounds cool. The only thing thats stopping me
from trying that at this moment is that in the Alsa docs it sais that my
Creative Soundblaster Vibra16X Plug n Pray is only partly supported.
Does anyone know what 'partly supported' means - has anyone tried this
combination? ( i suppose maybe i should ask this on alsa-dev really).

Maybe it is time to pull my short arms out of my long pockets and get a
new soundcard :=)

Jordan..