Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 14:26:28 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Dave Griffiths hat gesagt: // Dave Griffiths wrote:
>
>>I does, so the pd thing should work fine. (I haven't tried it though)
>>there is also this:
>>http://www.geocities.com/akjmicro/pystepseq.html
>>not sure if it uses the same loopback method
>>

>It does, and in fact it includes a little description of how do the same
>with OSS's v_midi module, but I never tried that, so it is not included in
>my HOWTO ;)

Just got Spiral Synth Modular running off ttrk using OSS's v_midi
module. Now i dont want to sound greedy here, but what I was *really*
hoping for, was to be able to loopback the midi from my sequencer (ttrk
in this case) to my soft synth, but still have it sent to the midi port
on my soundcard so that i can use external gear at the same time.... any
chance?

If i got a new soundcard and built alsa, would this be possible with
Franks alsa loopback method?

cheers, Jordan.