Re: [linux-audio-user] SpiralSynthModular 0.0.8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SpiralSynthModular 0.0.8
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 15:45:16 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>--- Dave Griffiths <dave_AT_pawfal.org> wrote:
>
>>Stuff to do next (off the top of my head)
>>ALSA support
>>

>I think your time would be better served by adding jack support. I would really appreciate this feature.

At the risk of trying to tell someone who is quite clearly a very
capable developer what they should or shouldn't be doing with their
program, it seems to me that 'time would be better spent' adding
features to SpiralSynthMod itself rather than at this stage worrying
about interaction with other apps.

Im talking about features that would actually help a musician write some
music with the app, eg Alsa support ( so that we can use the midi
loopback techniques suggested by Frank), full midi support ( change
filter parameters with midi controllers etc etc, ),the ability to
sequence multiple instruments across different midi channels. Once that
happens, then yes, the ability to interract with other apps like ardour
will be very cool indeed. (and by that time, ardour might even be
available to those of us not brave enough to battle with cvs, ok i admit
it, im scarred of cvs...... there, i said it...phew thats a weight off
my mind.)

again, i would like to stress that i dont want to sound like im trying
to dictate someone elses project to them, (especially as 'the project'
in question is already f***ing cool and usable for writing music) but
seeing as the topic came up, i just thought i'd share my own opion ;)

cheers, Jordan.