Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] install issues for ad1816

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] install issues for ad1816
From: Gilberto Espinoza (GEEspinozaP_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 22:39:05 EET

Hi-

I have ben struggling with sound support on my linux system for some
time now. I have installed SuSe 7.3 professional which comes with alsa.
 It loads the AD1816A driver. I unmute everything and no sound plays.
 I've tried the module.conf ad1816 driver without alsa support and it
does not work either. I know it is an AD1816 card because i got to work
under SuSe 6.4 but I can't figure it out now. My hardware is an HP
Pavilion 8190.

Can anyone out there guide me through the sound setup because i've tried
everything out there and I can't make sense out of it.

Also, is ad1816 different from ad1816a?

Thanks a lot,

gilberto