Re: [linux-audio-user] A couple of points on the state of linux audio apps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A couple of points on the state of linux audio apps
From: Stéphane Rollandin (hepta_AT_infonie.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 08:00:11 EET

hello,

         a few ideas about ratings:

I think a form for optional comments is critical.

Commented ratings could be considered as more important (weighted) than
uncommented ones.

Ratings older than 2 (or 1 ?) years could be just forgotten altogether.

The ratings should just be displayed along with all other information
relative to a given app, not used either to sort the apps, do a top 50 nor
anything else that would make people look only for highly-rated apps.
Otherwise we get a vicious circle and interesting but non-mainstream
programs can quickly go into oblivion due to poor ratings.

just my 0.02 euros

Stef