Re: [linux-audio-user] A couple of points on the state of linux audio apps (documentation)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A couple of points on the state of linux audio apps (documentation)
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 15:19:21 EET

Paul Winkler wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 09:46:48PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > I want to help. :)
>
> Welcome aboard!
>
> > Paul, I attempted to run a link checking program on Dave's site last
> > night. The results were less than useful.
>
> ... because you find out which are broken, but not where they went, right?

Well, there was that. but, it was also just plain wrong about a number
of links.

> That's the usual problem. No good solution unfortunately. Link checkers
> are more like a notification that something's wrong. They're useless
> for actually solving the problem.
>
> > thing, but perhaps I could commit to checking one section. Given your
> > plans for a new and improved database driven site w/ form-based
> > submissions and editing, do you see checking the links manually as worth
> > the time?
>
> I know of no other way, unfortunately.
> My plan is to work on the framework first before fiddling with content.

framework first, content later -- that makes sense.

> > I too think Dave's categories are good starting point.
>
> When I'm ready, I think I'll go further and try to automatically slurp
> stuff from Dave's site into the database. That'll be a good head start.

So later on when Dave's data is imported it will be better if more of it
is clean. IOW any effort spent between now and then on checking links
manually won't go to waste. ok.

> > I'm working full time and also have other projects going. But, I do have
> > some time and would really like to help out. I know Python somewhat and
> > have a little experience working with it. I've worked with the
> > DocumentTemplate module from Zope, too. So, I may be able to help out
> > some if needed with scripting stuff.
>
> Now you're talking! I was planning on using Zope, and Python is my
> language of choice. Although in Zope, I prefer using ZPT
> instead of DTML.

Just let me know if there is something I can do to help and I'll try my
best.

> --
>
> Paul Winkler
> home: http://www.slinkp.com
> "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"

-Eric Rz.