[linux-audio-user] FreeBSD or GNU/Linux (Audio Support Comparisons)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] FreeBSD or GNU/Linux (Audio Support Comparisons)
From: Michael J McGonagle (fndsnd_AT_rcnchicago.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 21:45:45 EET

Hello All,

I was talking with a friend and he was asking me if I had considered
FreeBSD for a music system, instead of Linux. I really have no idea what
kind of support that FreeBSD has for sound, or how it might compare to
Linux. I have heard comments in the past that FreeBSD's strength is that
it makes a killer server, so does this mean that audio support is
lagging on FreeBSD? Does anyone have any comments on comparisons between
the two? Should I even think about FreeBSD? Why Linux? (What Linux?)

Thanks,

Mike