Re: [linux-audio-user] outdated apps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] outdated apps
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 18:11:48 EET

Juan Linietsky wrote:

> hey great job! thanks a lot for your effort!

Thank you, Juan, I'm glad you enjoy the site.

> As for, now, I think the following apps in the "MOD TRACKERS/PLAYERS" are discontinued, too oudated or too alpha to be useful, or
> just plain useless because of being so outdated or never really worked... so i'll try to help with cleanup, maybe you can move
> them to some "outdated/discontinued" section?

I've completely revised that section, please take a look at it now.

My policy regarding dated apps is simple: if the page exists and the
code can be downloaded then the link stays, regardless of age or even
build-ability. My belief is that the code is the thing, and that someone
someday might want to look at the code for their own purposes. OTOH,
this policy leads to the need for some kind of rating or other user
review. Ideally each app would have a "last updated" date, but my
employer (i.e., me) does not pay me enough to do that work. :(

Btw, Juan: Cheesetracker segfaults immediately when I try to start it.
It built without complaint, any suggestions for debugging ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net