Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptops of choice?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptops of choice?
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 20:43:39 EET

Hi,
matt yee-king hat gesagt: // matt yee-king wrote:
> maybe i'll get a hammerfall if my new album sells enough copies.

Did you already do this one on Linux?

> as far as midi is concerned, i've got a usb midisport interface. there
> are kernel drivers for this available but i haven't had a chance to
> check them out yet. not sure how alsa/ linux is with usb midi interfaces
> - anyone else used linux and a usb midi interface?

There are good chances, that your Midisport interface is supported by the
driver at:
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html

But that one is an OSS-like driver and ALSA will not support USB devices
in the near future, afaik.

> for a system, i've got yellow dog and ximian gnome with a benh 2.4.18rc1
> kernel. this is my favourite linux setup so far - on my pc i've tried a
> few, e.g. suse, redhat and mandrake, but this is the don. (never tried
> debian...)
you should do, Debian is the cleanest and in the long run easiest to use
distribution, imo.

ciao,

--
                                                 __    __