Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 00:09:24 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> While we're talking about the quicktoots page. Is anyone interested in helping me set up the code (php?) for tracking the number of people reading each toot. I think it would be good to provide that info so people can get an idea of how popular some programs are.

don't do it with php and counter files. i'm doing that on the lad
pages, and it sucks. it randomly resets every once in a while -
there seem to be spurious collisions.
the only clean way to do it afaik it with a database, but that's
probably overkill.
so you would rather want to parse the server logs, which should not
be too difficult in php when you know what you're looking for.

--
Computer Science is no more about computers than
astronomy is about telescopes.