[linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID

Subject: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 05:05:54 EET

I've attached my first draft attempt at describing how I set up alsa on
my debian testing box for my guillemot maxisound fortissimo using the
ymfpci driver. Here's my todo list which includes some questions I'm
hoping some of you can answer.

TODO: asoundrc section. Is this needed for this card? Where can I get
      information on how to set this up for my card?

      describe all controls and parameters available for this card and
what
      they do. Is this information in the driver source? I know there is
an
      alsa ftp site with manufacturer docs on various cards. Where is
that?

      recording/playing section. What are the line and mic devices for?
      They don't seem to be needed for recording. I just used the
capture
      and ADC devices. Is that appropriate? Is there something I
      missed in my configuration that would make these work?

      Incorporate suggestions from mailing list members.

      proof read.

      HTML markup for Dave and Patrick's quick toots pages.

      enter into the wiki so others can fill in the gaps and make it
      applicable to other ymfpci supported cards. Mark Constable has
      offered to do this. Mark, I suppose it can't hurt to put this
      up on the wiki as is, seeing as how wiki's are all dynamic anyway.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or answers.

-Eric Rz.

alsa_install