Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:43:47 EET

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> I've attached my first draft attempt at describing how I set up alsa on
> my debian testing box for my guillemot maxisound fortissimo using the
> ymfpci driver. Here's my todo list which includes some questions I'm
> hoping some of you can answer.
> [snip]
> HTML markup for Dave and Patrick's quick toots pages.

Eric's work brings up a certain problem of definition regarding the
Quick Toots. My original intention was that the site would be dedicated
specifically to *applications* and not installation/configuration.
Nevertheless, there is obviously a great need for some kind of
collection of setup routines for the various cards, drivers, and whatnot
needed just to get sound in or out of a Linux machine.

What do the rest of you think ? Should such pages be included in the
Quick Toots, or should a different site (or section) evolve to present
installation/configuration/setup directions ?

The floor is open...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net