Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:01:08 EET

The lau guide is designed to meet that need already.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

--- Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> wrote: >Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote: > >> I've attached my first draft attempt at describing how I set up alsa on >> my debian testing box for my guillemot maxisound fortissimo using the >> ymfpci driver. Here's my todo list which includes some questions I'm >> hoping some of you can answer. >> [snip] >> HTML markup for Dave and Patrick's quick toots pages. > >Eric's work brings up a certain problem of definition regarding the >Quick Toots. My original intention was that the site would be dedicated >specifically to *applications* and not installation/configuration. >Nevertheless, there is obviously a great need for some kind of >collection of setup routines for the various cards, drivers, and whatnot >needed just to get sound in or out of a Linux machine. > >What do the rest of you think ? Should such pages be included in the >Quick Toots, or should a different site (or section) evolve to present >installation/configuration/setup directions ? > >The floor is open... > >Best regards, > >== Dave Phillips > > The Book Of Linux Music & Sound at http://www.nostarch.com/lms.htm > The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net

_____________________________________________________________ Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net

_____________________________________________________________ Run a small business? Then you need professional email like you_AT_yourbiz.com from Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net?tag