Re: [linux-audio-user] looking for simple midi creation app

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] looking for simple midi creation app
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 02:33:31 EET

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 22:18, rob wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find a simple app for creating midi files.
> The files will be relativly simple (piano accompaniments to simple songs
> ). And all I need to do with them is play them (though it would be nice
> to be able to change the tempo and/or pitch).
>
> But I just can't find a program to create them with.
> I want to be able to create them by using what would probably be called
> a score editor Muse looked very promiseing but it's score editor dosen't
> work, I tried rosegarden and jazz++ but neither of them could do it.
> Can anyone suggest an app?

Thanks for the suggestions :)

The brahms score editor seems just as broken as the Muse one :(

Midimountain seems dead and it's make files were all screwed and even
after fixing them although it complied and ran it didn't do much, the
score editor, although have a tab, didn't exist :(

Abc wasn't what I was looking for but is better :) This looks much
simpler than clicking about all over the place. :)))))

I had a quick try with some simple tunes and it took seconds. I'll
probably get them all done in under an hour:))))))))))))))

thanks

--

rob