Re: [linux-audio-user] Snd enhancements

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Snd enhancements
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 15:31:42 EET

luis jure wrote:

> i have just compiled (successfully) snd 5.8 --with-motif and of course i
> wanted to try your enhancements, so i downloaded:
>
> ftp://mustec.bgsu.edu/pub/linux/dp_scm.tar.gz
>
> and edited the paths in misc.scm accordingly. snd by itself works fine, but
> when i try:
>
> snd -l /tmp/my_scm/misc.scm foo.wav
>
> i get a message:
>
> [09:27:25] snd-motif.scm needs the xm module: xm.so: no se puede abrir el
> fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio[09:27:25]
> Unbound variable: |XtDisplay
>
> ; (load "/tmp/my_scm/misc.scm")
> (while loading "/tmp/my_scm/misc.scm")
>
> that means that xm.so is needed but doesn't exist (which is true). i'm using
> openmotif 2.2, is that the problem?

Hi, Luis:

You forgot to compile with this flag: --with-static-xm so recompile with
it and let me know what happens after. Btw, some of the files in the
dp_scm package have been superseded by Bill's stuff in the latest Snd
packages (e.g., you can just use his new-effects.scm instead of mine,
it's basically the same with a few new additions). I'll update my own
package soon and will notify you when it's ready. Meanwhile you can use
either mine or Bill's and still have a lot of fun... :)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org