Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta1
From: Nick D (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 19:28:47 EET

On 19 Mar 2002 16:21:30 +0000
matt yee-king <yeeking_AT_no-future.com> wrote:

> just got it going on redhat7.2 alsa0.9beta12 2.4.17.
>
> built without problems.
>
> started sending it some midi and every time it runs for a while making
> nice sounds then all the notes go high for a half sec then it goes all
> distorted and i have to exit and restart.

hmm. were you using one of the example presets? if so, which one?
i havent encountered this problem myself....

ahh, are you monitoring the cpu usage? if you max it out it will distort
(sound card buffer underruns). i havent put a limit on the number of voices active at any time... on my machine (Athlon 500) more than 10 voices becomes dodgy..

> this looks like a neat synth if that problem gets fixed!
>
> cheers

thanks! :))

Nick