Re: [linux-audio-user] virtual sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] virtual sampler
From: matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 21:28:18 EET

Nick D wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:11:20 +0000
> matt yee-king <yeeking_AT_no-future.com> wrote:
>
> > wondering if anyone knows of a midi controllable virtual sampler?
>
> I wish! we're seriously missing a quality, usable sampler.. (unless ive simply not found it yet...).
> I was planning on writing one once amSynth has gone a bit more stable. but obviously it'll be a while yet before something usable comes through..

yeah - certainly a hole in the market...

i imagine it might be possible to build a sampler in pd - anyone tried
it?

also dave of SpiralSynthModular fame is working on a new sampler plug in
that sounds pretty tasty...

btw nick - i haven't got round to installing alsa for my non-smp kernel
and testing amSynth... when i do i'll tell you. probably nothing to do
with that like you said, but worth a look.

bye

matthew