Re: [linux-audio-user] copy audio cd

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] copy audio cd
From: luis jure (luisjure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 02:58:08 EET

el Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:02:12 -0800 (PST)
Patrick Shirkey <kotau_AT_firstlinux.net> escribió:

> Jeorg Shilling the writer of cdrecord has made numerous posts saying that
> when you burn data over 700MB you are not guaranteed any results.

[...]

> No harm in trying though right?

i guess it's my cd-burner (a good but somewhat aged hp8100). i tried today on
another machine with a newer model, the hp9100, and everything went just fine.
it's a windows machine, i used the copy-cd function in easy cd creator (or
something like that), and was able to copy an audio cd 80 minutes long on the
fly. the copy played perfectly well on two different cd players.

lj