Re: [linux-audio-user] virtual sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] virtual sampler
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 13:03:00 EET

matt yee-king hat gesagt: // matt yee-king wrote:

> Nick D wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:11:20 +0000
> > matt yee-king <yeeking_AT_no-future.com> wrote:
> >
> > > wondering if anyone knows of a midi controllable virtual sampler?
> >
> > I wish! we're seriously missing a quality, usable sampler.. (unless ive simply not found it yet...).
> > I was planning on writing one once amSynth has gone a bit more stable. but obviously it'll be a while yet before something usable comes through..
>

> yeah - certainly a hole in the market...
>
> i imagine it might be possible to build a sampler in pd - anyone tried
> it?

If you want some really d*mned spaced out PD sampler try LOOPOOL available
at http://pd.klingt.org/files/loopool.64.tar.gz

It's a bit tricky to install as you need the whole bunch of external
extensions to PD includin ZEXY, iemlib, ggee, ext13, grip, playlist and a
current PD (I recommend 0.35-test11), and it is -not- midi useable in its
current incarnation, but whatever: it's really unique and shows off a lot
of PD's potential.

ciao,

--
                                                 __    __