[linux-audio-user] pd

Subject: [linux-audio-user] pd
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:14:49 EET

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 14:21, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> We're helpful folks out there ;)

Hi there,

I've just begun the (I expect, very extended) transition from windows to
gnu/linux for music and I'm still looking for programs to help me. In
windows, I pretty much just use cool edit and logic audio, so I'm new to
a lot of the programs (and it seems, paradigms) that people seem to be
using in gnu/linux and hoping someone could help me understand things a
little better.

One of those programs is pd (and, it appears, jMax et al.) The FAQ
tells me "Pd is a real-time software system for live musical and
multimedia performances" which.. err.. could mean anything :) What
precisely is it, how do you use it to make audio, and how might it aid
me in producing music?

Many thanks,

Bob

--