[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN:] Linux MIDI-HOWTO v1.1

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN:] Linux MIDI-HOWTO v1.1
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 20:52:12 EEST

Hi Phil,
Phil Kerr hat gesagt: // Phil Kerr wrote:

> The updated (v.1.1) MIDI-HOWTO can now be found on the LDP website:
>
> http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/MIDI-HOWTO.html
>
> Updated:
> Extended install (ALSA 0.9) and configuration section.

Your main focus is driving external gear, as stated in Part 1.1. But if you
want to extend this to virtual midi cards, which I find even more useful,
as I (like many people) don't have external synths, you can include stuff
of my "Sequencers and Softsynths QuickToot", if you like. It covers in
detail the setup of an ALSA virtual midi connection, it's found at:
  http://www.boosthardware.com/LAU/quicktoots/
under the GNU Free Documentation License.

I could send you the LyX or XML source, if you want.

> Updated links section
I really do miss PD, Pure Data, here a lot [www.pure-data.org] ;(
If you could include it in the next update...

Ciao,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______