Re: [linux-audio-user] New Linux soundapp site progress

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New Linux soundapp site progress
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 18:30:01 EEST

Just to get the ball rolling, here's a first shot at breaking down the
categories. I'm not particularly happy with the names I have for the
groups of categories, but maybe grouping the categories in a manner sort
of like this would work with different names for the groups. I probably
don't have enough understanding of all the various communities/cultures
around all these types of software to be trying to do this fairly...but,
I'll try anyway. Many of the categories would probably fit in several
groups and I'm presenting the groups in no particular order.

Music Made with Linux tools:

Help:
    Documentation/Newsworthy
    Mailing Lists
    Other Sound+MIDI Pages
    Repositories

Voice:
    Conferencing
    Telephony/AV
    Speech Synthesis/Analysis

????:
    Demos
    Digital DJ
    MOD Trackers/Players/Resources
    Drumming

End user tools (i.e. stuff for when you just want to consume, as opposed
to create):
    CD Software
    Games
    Players