[linux-audio-user] changing midi programs easily

Subject: [linux-audio-user] changing midi programs easily
From: Bill Allen (ballen_AT_mail.serve.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 18:48:37 EEST

I've got my system set up so that on startup, it runs timidity in server
mode, does the aconnect thus allowing the keyboard to be played by my 6
year old any time he wants. The problem I want to solve is that by default
it is running on program 0 which is Grand Piano which is fine, but it
would be nice if he could change the program easily. I don't have it in me
to try to teach him to use Muse (at least not for another year or so!),
which at any rate doesn't have a very friendly program change anyway. Does
anybody know of an easy to use GUI that would change the program? Or,
alternatively can anybody point me on a path to program one? It would be
ideal if the gui had something like cute pictures of the instruments even
(remember this is for a 6 year old) in addition to the text.

Looking for ideas.

Bill