Re: [linux-audio-user] Audigy Player / Platinum / Platinum Ex

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audigy Player / Platinum / Platinum Ex
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:53:02 EEST

> Hello,
>
> I am thinking about buying a SB Audigy, but I am not sure whether
> to get the Player, Platinum or Platinum Ex. (The USB version is
> out of the question, since no ALSA drivers exist)

I will answer my own question, because I bought the cheapest (Player)
The Audigy has the same problem as the SB Live!, when it comes to setting
the buffer size. 16 ms minimum. (at 48000 Hz that is. Didn't try 96000 Hz)
If you find that acceptable, it is a nice card. ALSA support works fine.
The internal synthesizer works very well.

Maarten