Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question
From: xk (xk_AT_myrealbox.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 18:39:33 EEST

> Something occured to me and thought I'd ask it here.
> Just what are or would be the parameters for being able to claim that any
> music was 'created' using linux?

Created, as opposed to processed would imply that most of the instruments
are synthesised on Linux, from samples or synths.
You could record one/two real instruments and, of course, the voice.

I don't think that if you record a rock band playing live instruments you
could say that that music was created with Linux/Windows/whatever.

This would mean that only certain musical genres would fit in this category
(dance, hip-hop, experimental, ...)

I think you could say that the music was created on Linux even if you would
do the final mix/master on someother OS.

However, in your case the music would be processed/mixed in Linux and not
created.