Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 19:03:52 EEST

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 06:39:33 +0300, xk wrote:
> > Something occured to me and thought I'd ask it here.
> > Just what are or would be the parameters for being able to claim that any
> > music was 'created' using linux?
>
> Created, as opposed to processed would imply that most of the instruments
> are synthesised on Linux, from samples or synths.
> You could record one/two real instruments and, of course, the voice.

I think thats too subjective. I'd be happy with something being labelled
as "created with linux" if linux was the only os used during the
processing/recording etc.

Its pretty obvious if you're talking about a largly acoustic band that
thier instruments are recorded somewhere.

IIRC the requirement for "NM created" music on the nord modular list is
that every track had to go through a nord at some point, but that was
pretty much 100% electronic music.

- Steve