Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 21:51:18 EEST

Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 06:39:33 +0300, xk wrote:
> > > Something occured to me and thought I'd ask it here.
> > > Just what are or would be the parameters for being able to claim that any
> > > music was 'created' using linux?
> >
> > Created, as opposed to processed would imply that most of the instruments
> > are synthesised on Linux, from samples or synths.
> > You could record one/two real instruments and, of course, the voice.
>
> I think thats too subjective. I'd be happy with something being labelled
> as "created with linux" if linux was the only os used during the
> processing/recording etc.

Well, "'created' using linux" obviously includes everything, where Linux
was used in the creation process. One could, but should not, even go so
far, to include, say, sending mail with Linux to the musicians' to make
appointments. ;)

If the 'music' is only a recording of real-life musicians, then the music
was of course not done in Linux, but if the recording was made using or
with Linux, it would IMO also qualify for the label 'Made with Linux'.

And if post-processing comes into play, well...

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______