Re: [linux-audio-user] New plugins and fixes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New plugins and fixes
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 18:17:16 EEST

Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> Includes some major fixes, definaly worth getting.
>
> http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.2.5/
>
> If anyone knows the debian maintainer, Anand Kumria, can they get him to
> roll a new deb, the one in unstable (v0.2.0) has some nasty bugs.

The best would be a bug report via the debian bug reporting system. I'm on
Debian and I would do it, but I can't, because I build my own packages from
your plugins and Anand's debian scripts, so the helper program "bug(1)"
would report the bug to myself...

> Barry's Satan maximiser. (thanks to Matt Yee-King for the name) Kindof
> crushes the life out of signals, not much use as a normal maximiser, but
> makes interesting, harsh distortion. Intended for noise music.

Damned, this one sounds hot like hell! And the name is the devil. But can
it be, that Barry is burning quite some CPU cycles? I tested it in a PD
patch, that showed between 5-20 percent cpu usage in gkrellm before, and
now with one satanMaximiser plugin it went up to solid over 45 percent.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______