[linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCEMENT - CheeseTracker 0.5.0 - it's supermega!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCEMENT - CheeseTracker 0.5.0 - it's supermega!
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 13:20:05 EEST

Hello everyone! I've just released CheeseTracker 0.5.0, as you can see the huge amount of features added are the cause of this big version boost. Most of the features were to make the life easier to the users, and
important bugfixes/other features.
If you havent used IT/CheeseTracker before, or found it too complicated, this version may help since it has context sensitive help
and includes some docs about impulse tracker (that apply perfect to
cheesetracker)

So, here's the changelog:

- There's been just too many changes, so that's why the version boost.
- So.. Important news first... well, too much important stuff!
- First, fixed the evil crash bug that was avoiding some people from running cheesetracker.
- Then, wrote a context sensitive help system! this will help new users a lot.
- Also added XM/XI loading, so importing you can import your existing SoundTracker projects and enjoy the cool features of cheesetracker!
- You can now also save native IT samples and instruments.
- For users with non-US keyboards, editor keys can be configured now!
- And if you dont like the default editor font, you can change it (monospaced only!)
- Ahh.. and dont forget about default song and data paths!
- Tired of setting options over and over? now they are saved to a config file.
- Also, i did many graphical fixed/enhancements to the interface (nice buttons!!!!)
- The menu for browsing samples inside another module or instrument (XM/IT/XI/II) now works fine.
- A bug in pgcc 2.95.2 made it crash in some place, it doesnt now with a workaround.
- There's a win32 directsound driver written by James Martin (yesso/TheHornet) that he kindly donated to saturno, althought it should work with cheesetracker.. so now you can try to compile cheesetracker on cygwin.
- Well, besides that, I did a lot of bugfixing/interface cleanups, Kasper Souren sent me some interface patches but didnt have time to apply them. I'll try to have them included in the next version.
- added some IT-related docs to the docs dir
- no more! so enjoy cheesetracker!