Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie introduction
From: Peter Hanappe (peter_AT_hanappe.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 02:04:43 EEST

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 19:08, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:31:07 -0400, Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:
> > 5. Integrate streaming audio into my applications.
>
> Theres nothing really special about steaming audio, most of us are mainly
> interested in multichannel, realtime audio, which has the same criteria.

There isn't much special about it if you use, say mp3 streaming over
tcp/ip, much like icecast does. However, if you want some quality of
service - whatever that means on IPv4 - you might need RTSP and I don't
what free implementation are available for that.

I did find this reference that looks quite interesting:
http://opensource.eprocess.fr/popcorn

Peter