[linux-audio-user] [admin] handling local announcements

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [admin] handling local announcements
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 12:07:08 EEST

hello everyone !

instead of prepending announcements of local interest with [OT]
(which it is not!), i'd like to propose the usage of a [local] or
[LOCAL] prefix to the subject followed by the area for which the
post is relevant, like:

Subject: [local] germany/ruhrgebiet linux audio meeting

this is common practice on c.o.l.a and many other world-wide forums,
and i think it makes sense.

in my personal opinion, meeting announcements such as the one posted
by marco should be encouraged and not sabotaged by the deadly d-key
trigger ("[OT]") :).
otoh, using [local] allows people to filter this out if they don't
want to see it.

just a suggestion, feel free to ignore me.
but if nobody raises objections, this recommendation will show up on
the list info pages rsn.