Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta2
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 11:25:59 EEST

Hi,

I tried it lastnight, pretty nice :-)

A note, I have to run it as root on my distribution(Mandrake), chmod +s isn't
accepted by the program. I think there is code in GTK that prevents running GUI
enabled code this way (SCHED_FIFO).
Gtk complains that IT is much to big to be run in this fashion. A message is
printed suggesting that real-time priorities would only be added to a separate
thread, not the GUI thread.
Don't know if you have a separate audio thread this far in amSynth, thought I'd
mention it, it's quite usable anyway :-).

Thanks,
Robert