Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack audio
From: matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 02:38:02 EEST

cheers for the tips.

i installed ecasound+ecawave (+qt...booo!) on my linux ppc machine but
ecaplay didn't seem to want to play any of my wav files either out of my
built in oss audio device /dev/dsp or my usb audio device /dev/dsp1. so
i installed it on my pc (currently dead due to a suspected power supply
failure :( ) and sure enough, ecaplay played all the wavs happily.

heres some example output from the mac:

ecasound -i tomand~1.wav -o /dev/dsp1

..snip...

ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-WAVE: Only
WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT are supported."

when i play an mp3, it comes out mostly like white noise.

 any ideas? xmms plays all the files fine.

i guess i should ask this on the ecasound list,...

haven't tried gsmp yet. trying it now.

- matthew