Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:12:22 EEST

"Dr. Matthias Nagorni" wrote:

> Both AlsaModularSynth and Kladspa
> require a list of the LADSPA plugins to be used. AlsaModularSynth is
> looking for .amsrc either in your home or in /usr/share/kalsatools.
> Kladspa is looking for .kladsparc in these paths. I decided to use these
> files to enable the user to configure only a part of the LADSPA plugins
> installed, just in case some plugins do not work properly. Thanks for the
> bug report, I will make this behave better. Hope you can enjoy the
> programs now.

I was able to get ams running this morning, after reading Frank's note
regarding .amsrc. Some observations:

  1) Only the example_multi.ams loaded without segfaulting.
  2) There's nothing listed under the Module/New LADSPA menu item. I did
as Frank suggested, have .amsrc, but no LADSPA plugins are showing up.
Btw, my LADSPA path is /usr/local/lib/ladspa, is there perhaps another
path hardwired into the binary ?
  3) MIDI responsiveness is great, the sounds are quite good.

Wow, yet another cool softsynth for Linux !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org