Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:19:23 EEST

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Dave Phillips wrote:

> I was able to get ams running this morning, after reading Frank's note
> regarding .amsrc. Some observations:
>
> 1) Only the example_multi.ams loaded without segfaulting.
The other examples require some LADSPA plugins which they cannot load due
to 2)

> 2) There's nothing listed under the Module/New LADSPA menu item. I did
> as Frank suggested, have .amsrc, but no LADSPA plugins are showing up.
> Btw, my LADSPA path is /usr/local/lib/ladspa, is there perhaps another
> path hardwired into the binary ?
If you create a file .amsrc in your homedir with the full path of your
plugins listed, like

/usr/local/lib/ladspa/cmt.so
/usr/local/lib/ladspa/comb_1190.so
/usr/local/lib/ladspa/flanger_1191.so

these plugins should show up in the menu. I'm currently improving the
LADSPA plugin scan and will take the suggestion of Steve into account. I'm
planning to use the environment variable LADSPA_PATH and scan all
directories listed in this variable.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni