Re: [linux-audio-user] Spiral Synth and MusE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Spiral Synth and MusE
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 20:25:17 EEST

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> the solution is to change the SS's configuration to use
> /dev/snd/midiC1D0 instead of the default /dev/midi.
> then choose 'VirMIDI 1-0' from muse. you don't need to run
> aconnect.

This is correct. I also wanted to connect MusE and SS, I figured it out
after a bit of guesswork. FYI, I followed Frank's advice in his Quick
Toot and softlinked /dev/snd/midiC1D0 to /dev/midi20 then simply set
that port in .Spiralrc. Works okay except I get a lot of extraneous
noise from SS, probably because I haven't set an optimal buffer size.
Still working on that...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org