Re: [linux-audio-user] AlsaModularSynth and kladspa problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] AlsaModularSynth and kladspa problem
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 12:13:07 EEST

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Bill Allen wrote:

> Everything compiles, seems OK, but I get:
>
> error setting periods
>
> and they shut down.
The default periodsize does not work on every hardware. You can try to set
the --periodsize parameter. On Terratec EWX and EWS cards I had to use
--periodsize 8192. I hope that works. However there is some hardware that
uses "strange" buffersizes (e.g. my vintage Soundblaster 1.0). For this,
ALSA offers the function snd_pcm_set_buffersize_near. I should use this in a
future version of AlsaModularSynth.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni