Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggestions needed for editing application

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggestions needed for editing application
From: jpt_AT_magma.ca
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:39:49 EEST

My method is to use xcdrdao to create your track markers. If all you need to
do is burn to CD, then you can do that directly from xcdrdao. If you
absolutely want to split your wave file into separate files for each track,
you can use shnsplit. This is a command-line utility from the shntools
package (I think you can grab that from etree.org, just search for linux
utilities). You'll have to hand-edit xcdrdao's TOC file into a format that
shnsplit can work with. I can give you more details on that if you want.

I know it sounds cumbersome, but it's really quite easy once you're used to
it. I've used this method to transfer, track and split countless 2-3 hour
DATs. Note that if you want to do any actual editing (ie fades, etc...),
you'll have to use something else for that, like ecasound for instance.

J-P