Re: [linux-audio-user] dsp,kde and sound server (on YDL2.2)?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] dsp,kde and sound server (on YDL2.2)?
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 23:23:15 EEST

kcross wrote:

> Needless to say I have no sound in KDE although /dev/dsp exists. Xmms only
> works if I choose the output plugin 'esound Output plugin 1.2.5'
> [libesdout.so] with Wave Player 1.2.5 [libwav.so] to play .wav sound files.

since you can hear something, we can assume the sound driver is set
up correctly.
if the esound output works, esound must be running. it grabs
/dev/dsp, and if you start arts (the kde soundserver) afterwards, it
can't open it again. stop esound and start arts.

--
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat
the yellow snow !