Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity and Mandrake

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity and Mandrake
From: Kevin Ernste (kevine88_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 03:12:18 EEST

OK, attached is a script I use to install audacity. This works on Mandrake 8.1
and 8.2.

Download :
wxGTK-2.2.7.tar.gz
audacity-src-0.98.tgz

Both available at the audacity page. Then run the attachment I sent you like
this:

sh audacity.sh

That's it.

Kevin

Here's the text of the attachment in case you can't get to it through your mail
client (put it in a file called audacity.sh and run it as above):

tar -zxvf wxGTK-2.2.7.tar.gz
cd wxGTK-2.2.7/
./configure
make
make install
/sbin/ldconfig
cd ..
tar -zxvf audacity-src-0.98.tgz
cd audacity-src-0.98/
./configure
make
make install
cp /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk.so /usr/lib/libwx_gtk.so
cd ..

=====
Kevin Ernste
kevine_AT_ecmc.rochester.edu
http://www.esm.rochester.edu/kevine

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -MLK