Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: Will Benton (willb_AT_cs.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 22:12:04 EEST

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 07:53:14PM +0100, jordan muscott wrote:

> cheesetracker is not a midi tracker, it is a conventional tracker by the
> same author as shaketracker (Juan Linietsky).

Ah, I was thinking of shaketracker, then. Thanks for the
clarification. In any case, isn't it simple to intercept outgoing
ALSA (or otherwise) midi data, format it, and write it to a file?

In a somewhat related vein, what GUI tools are people using for
notation? The new Rosegarden really looks quite pretty/functional,
but I don't use KDE (and don't have room for it on my crummy
notebook). I've tried denemo, but was hoping to find something with a
Finale-style "simple entry palette."

tia,
wb

--
Will Benton      | "Die richtige Methode der Philosophie wäre eigentlich
willb_AT_acm.org    |  die: Nichts zu sagen, als was sich sagen läßt...."