Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 02:05:10 EEST

> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:55:46PM +0200, Emiliano Grilli wrote:
> > Take a look also at "sted2" (http://sted2.sourceforge.net), which lets you
> > control many MIDI features, and saves midi files.
> > It works like a charm with timidity, has many controls and editing is
> > done in a "event list" style (like trackers or old sequencers), and it is a
> > small app (also runs in console).
>
> do you use a midi-keyboard with it? do you use ALSA (which version?)
> or OSS, and which sound card? what is your 'midi_port' in
> /etc/sted2/sted2.cnf (or wherever your sted2-configuration file is) ?
> i ask this because i couldn't get realtime midi-recording working,
> even though otherwise sted2 looks fine

No, I don't use realtime midi in, only manual sequencing...
I have alsa 0.9 and 0.5 on another computer and it works with both.
Soundcards are midiman dio2448 (no midi-in) on the pc and the built-in
soundcard on an apple iBook (also no midi-in).

I also have an external module (roland scd70) that I use with macos, I
recently tried usb-midi driver from the same author of sted2, but with no
luck (I have to delete some compiler options to get it compiled under ppc).

There is someone on this list that use that driver successfully with a
power pc processor? It is compatible with alsa? How it is supposed to work
(e.g. I can see the ports with pmidi -l or aconnect)?

Ciao

--