[linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: mawali_AT_news.icns.com
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 20:59:57 EEST

Hi
Is there a midi sequencer that does not require me to have KDE and works.
Looks like Rosegarden and noteedit both require me to have KDE (I do not
know why).

That leaves MusE, which I cannot compile/run with any compiler version
with any QT, trust me I have tried em all. It usually does'nt compile and
if it does, it does'nt run.

I dont understand why it is so necessary to make things that complicated.
If I am able to compile complicated stuff like wine, linux and mozilla why
people keep blaming the compiler and toolkits.

Jazz is the only thing I probably can use, but It does not seem to have a
stave editor. I really dont need it but the piano roll does not cut it for
me. I can live with even a simple one where i use vi to create a note
file. (I wan to do polyrythmic and microtonal music eventually)

Sorry I am a little frustrated, I have been trying to make one little midi
file for months. Is there a sequencer (even not free, as beer or anything)
that lets me do what I want instead of bloating my desktop the way the
authors want.

Thanks